Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Laura and Euna are out - yeah!


I'm a few hours behind the curve on posting this as I heard the news hours ago.

President Bill Clinton went to Pyongyang to seeking the release of Euna Lee and Laura Ling. It was announced hours ago that he was successful and the two journalists were pardoned.

Last I heard, they're all en route to Los Angeles.

I knew this was going to drag out when I first heard about the story months ago. I felt that someone influential would have to intervene. I think, honestly, Clinton was the best. However, I wonder why Gore didn't go. I mean he's on the board of Current TV. Maybe he tried but there is stuff we're not aware of.

Either way, I'm glad they're out and will be home soon.

Here are some links to some news stories:

CNN: N. Korean leader reportedly pardons U.S. journalists
NYTimes: Clinton Secures Pardon for 2 Americans in North Korea
Washington Post: N. Korea Says Two U.S. Journalists Have Been Pardoned

Sphere: Related Content