Monday, July 5, 2010

Six Clips of the 2010 Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Show

A friend and I went out to Clinton Cove Park (on Foursquare, it's Pier 95 Park) yesterday to eat, talk and, ultimately, watch the Macy's 4th of July fireworks display.

When I lived in San Francisco, I would wander down Van Ness to Fisherman's Wharf to see the fireworks show.

I decided to try out the camcorder function on my new Android phone and it's pretty good. You'll hear me and the people who were around me last night here and there. Overall, though I tried to keep my arm up (hard for minutes at a time) and my mouth shut to just enjoy the light show. For some reason, a couple next to us decided that it would be appropriate during the light show to turn on music. Odd, but in the grand scheme of things, minor.

Honestly, it's not the most exciting on tape, but live it was really nice to let go and morph into a little kid. ;)

I taped 6 clips and here they are:












Will I do it next year? Maybe.

My friend and I were pleasantly surprised at how well the crowd behaved and with the crowd control walking out of the area. Overall, it was nice to make the effort to see the show live as yesterday was my first 4th of July in NYC.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good for a phone camera! I liked the happy faces. Your fireworks were the only ones I could enjoy here in Korea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey 안나! (I have to cut and paste Korean now until I get hangul installed...*sigh*)

    Yeah, it's a new Android (I should probably link to the Motorola page).

    I'm loving this phone and that was the first time I chose to use the camera. That's good because, while I had my other camera with me, I didn't have an SD card...ooops.

    Glad you enjoyed them. The happy faces were great! Weren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.