Thursday, March 18, 2010

MiniMed Paradigm® Revel™ Insulin Pump!!! Whoop, whoop!

Okay, if you read my blog, you know I'm in auto-immune disorder hell.

I've got type 1, insulin dependent, diabetes and a thyroid disorder. I still have them. The thyroid disorder has shifted from Graves' Disease to hypothyroidism. Lovely...just lovely. However, the thyroid stuff is easily treated.

What's not? The diabetes. I currently wear a very old model of an insulin pump. That was because when I went to buy one when I lived in South Korea, they only had that model available. Since I'd never been on the pump, well, what did I know?

Now I'm back home. I'm back to exercising, which is very healthy, but for a diabetic can be downright dangerous because I have to adjust my insulin doses down. I thought I had but two weeks ago, fell into severe hypoglycemia aka low blood sugar. That kicked my medical care into high-gear. I'm glad I have access to medical care. However, I'm just frustrated that it takes almost dying to get a higher level of care in the USA.

One good thing? I'm getting a new pump! I'M.SO.DAMN.EXCITED!!!

Here is the video for it.

It's the new MiniMed Paradigm Revel Insulin Pump. It does so many cool things that will help me manage my blood sugars and live better.

You might not care, but I'm so darn excited!



(Haven't fixed the code, so "read more" leads you nowhere.)

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. This is on my calendar for next week.
    I wonder what Animas and J&J are doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure at all. I know that OneTouch is run by Johnson & Johnson and they're part of the Paradigm set-up. Their glucose meter is the one that talks to the Paradigm pump.

    However, I don't know what they're working on independent of this.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.