Thursday, June 28, 2007

iPhone Mania

Update: July 16, 2007 @ 12:09pm

I knew the Will It Blend people would get around to the iPhone.

Pure silliness

Everybody knows that the iPhone can make phone calls, play movies & music, surf the web, and a lot more. But, Will It Blend? That is the question.
:

See more funny videos at CollegeHumor


Update: June 30 @ 7:38am
Oh lookey what I got in my email straight from Apple's marketing department! We're a day ahead here so this arrived back home when the iPhones were about to go on sale.



-------------------------

I'm nowhere near a store that will sell an iPhone. However, I got caught up in and blogged about the iPhone mania when Steve Jobs announced it at MacWorld this year. Plus, I'm a former loyal Mac user who will probably come back to the fold once they release their new OS that allows you to run both the Apple OS and a Windows OS. The big reason for the switch was I was in South Korea where PCs dominate the market to the point that Mac stores are just an anomaly and it was a case of "when in Rome..." However, even here, more Apple stores are poppiing up and with surge of the iPod I'm seeing people get and using Apple computers.

Anyway, last night I was talking about the iPhone's release back home. The person I was speaking to thought it wouldn't be successful, but it was because of things like a lack of a keyboard to which I pulled out the mobile keyboard I use* with my current Palm Tungsten T5 PDA. I think if it becomes a huge issue, Apple can create one of these to solve that problem. Of course, I'm assuming one thing: the iPhone has or can create an IrDA port. That's how my PDA sends data. There are no plugs or wires just a weak infrared signal.

I found this review on Calcanis.com where Walt Mossberg gives the iPhone a very positive review. Check it out and run and get in line ;-)



---------------------------
* I took it next to a CD (that's The Essential Earth, Wind & Fire, btw) so you can get an idea of scale. It works like a dream and helped me write my thesis on the go (coffee houses, trains, libraries, etc.)

iPhone Mania links:

BBCNews: Fans turn out for 'rock star' iPhone
WCBStv: iPhone Campers Sell Places In Line For Hundreds
Associated Press on Yahoo!: IPhone Launch Day Arrives
Washington Post: The iPhone As Crowning Achievement? Um, Hel-lo?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.