Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Apple, Inc.'s iPhone = Very Nice


Click the picture to go to Apple, Inc.'s iPhone website.


Being a former San Francisco resident, an electronics dork and a John Mayer fan, of course, meant I heard about this year's Macworld.

In fact, back in the day I'd be there because owning two Mac laptops back-to-back made law school a bit less stressful when I lived in San Francisco. I was very Mac loyal at the time. Macs nursed me through university, so for law school it was a no brainer. Even though I use a PC now, I'm still loyal to Apple. It's just being here in Korea, the market is dominated by PCs, and I didn't want to fight the trend here.

When in Rome...

Anyway, as I'm gearing up to head back home next year, it's a different story.

Steve Jobs gave his keynote address and introduced Apple, Inc.'s new product: the iPhone. It's pretty sweet! Here is Jobs' keynote address if you've got about an hour and a half to spare to watch it: Macworld 2007 Keynote Address (the iPhone intro is the second tab.) If you're a Mayer fan he performs two songs at the end of the presentation.

They've also paired up with Cingular as the service provider for the iPhone. So I basically have two things almost decided: 1) the type of phone I'll purchase when I get home and 2) my cell phone service provider. Now I'm going to wait and see what issues come up when the phone is actually out there being used by consumers. It won't be sold until June and people are already saying they have to have it, so I anticipate iPhones selling out pretty quickly.

However, my first issue is you can't expand the functionality of the phone. It's $499 for 4GB and $599 for 8GB. If I'm going to pay $500 for a gadget, I want to be able to add memory and expand the use to suit me. However, I guess the counter-point is with 8GB, you've got a lot of memory to play around with. We'll see.

The reviews are coming out now, and people have already started thinking of ways to improve the iPhone: Pouring cold water in the Apple iPhone.

More links:


The new iPhone commercial:

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. iPhone is available with Cingular ONLY!? And what if I am stuck under contract with a carrier OTHER than Cingular but still want a iPhone?
    Well, the only solution I could fine was http://www.Cellswapper.com - they get you out of any cell phone contract!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's what the news reports say regarinding Apple's iPhone. They have a partnership with Cingular.

    :::shrug:::

    That could be wrong and you might be able to get out of or around it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.