Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Barbara Ehrenreich: The Anti-Secret

I'm basically having a Secret backlash these days. I'm all for positive thinking and even visualization.

However, I'm not for using it to "attract" material items. What about "attracting" world peace and health for all?

Someone introduced this concept to me a couple of years ago. Even then, something didn't feel quite right about it. Life is a balance. Some negative thoughts are good.

I found this clip from The Daily Show and it's great:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Barbara Ehrenreich
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

Hard work is great. Positive thinking is great. Delusion and a lack of empathy, however, are not. Most of this just sits a bit too close to blaming the victim, and that makes me very uncomfortable.

More links:

Sphere: Related Content