Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mom Salary Wizard

A Mother's Song - Bronze sculpture(with black granite base - not shown) by Eve Toni Seamone at the Invest In The Arts website

You know, I think growing up with a stay at home mom was such a positive influence for me. Now don't get me wrong, as it stands, I've spent my adult life either in school or working. I have nothing against career women without children or women who choose to be moms and have a career.

However, I remember one conversation I had with someone where I sensed he was talking disparagingly about stay at home moms. His mom was a career mom. However, as I said, mine chose to make her career me and my dad. I guess maybe because it's pretty clear that unless things drastically change in my life, I won't be imitating my mom's life in that respect.

Maybe from that perspective, he thought he was safe in talking down about stay at home moms. That was a bad move. I was offended. I pointed out that the value of a stay at home mom's work is huge.

In What is Your Mom Worth? has quantified it. They also quantified the value of a working mom's contribution.

Here it is:
Are you wondering what mom should be paid for her work as mom? has valuated the "mom job" of both the Working and Stay-at-Home Moms! Based on a survey of more than 40,000 mothers, determined that the time mothers spend performing 10 typical job functions would equate to an annual salary of $138,095 for a stay-at-home mom. Working moms ‘at-home’ salary is $85,939 in 2007; this is in addition to the salary they earn in the workplace.
I just think it's a nice thing to do for all moms.

So while it's over a week early, Happy Mother's Day to all you hard working moms. You are appreciated.

BTW, dad's don't feel hurt. They have a salary calculator for you too: What is Dad's Work Worth?

Sphere: Related Content