Sunday, March 1, 2009

Repost from the Marmot's Hole: English Teachers and Korean Discrimination in LAT

I'm procrastinating and goofing off on the net when I ought to be packing up.

Anyway, while procrastinating, I found this gem. This is a good one and I'm reposting it because Robert breaks it down with a force that is awesome. I'm closing off comments, so if you've got a comment, take over there. It's just in some tangential way it actually echoes some of what I just said in this post, Confessions.

There’s another thing, too. As bad as the media supposedly is, fucked if I can remember seeing even one op-ed, letter-to-the-editor, etc. written by an English teacher taking said publications to task for their story writing. Sure, I’ve seen it discussed ad nauseum in the Korea Times/Korea Herald, but nowhere Koreans actually read. The fact that this is so may indicate much about the underlying problem — most of those who can bitch in the Chosun Ilbo, etc. don’t feel there’s much to bitch about, and those who bitch the most can’t.
Read on...

English Teachers and Korean Discrimination in LAT

Posted using ShareThis

Sphere: Related Content