Sunday, April 8, 2007

Tadao Ando - 安藤忠雄

I took it easy today and didn't start studying until the evening. I figured it was Easter, so I could give myself a few hours of rest and relaxation.

The one thing I love when I travel to Japan is the modern buildings and the architecture. So imagine my pleasure when I watched Talk Asia on CNN today. This week they featured the Japanese architect, Tadao Ando. He's amazing. His buildings are amazing as is his perspective on architecture.

I particularly liked his vision for design that is more earth friendly, yet practical. I hope Japan gets the 2016 Olympic bid simply because Ando would be the architect in charge. I think the resulting spaces he and others would create will be amazing.

Anyway, here are some links about him and his work.

Enjoy!

Tadao Ando - Probably the best site I found on Ando's work by Sanghyun Lee. It's written in Korean, but the pictures are wonderful.
Tadao Ando - nice pictures of his work with some nice music
archInForm - Tado Ando - A pretty comprehensive web page on Mr. Ando with tons of links
Tadao Ando Space

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.