Friday, October 9, 2009

Will you take the stairs if it's fun?

Simply because I'm fat, I make an effort to take the stairs. I usually wear flats and that makes it easier. There are tons of stairs in NYC if you're taking the subway to get around. Sure enough, the sedentary fat is melting away little by little.

Here is the concept:

We believe that the easiest way to change people’s behaviour for the better is by making it fun to do. We call it The fun theory.

http://www.rolighetsteorin.se/

Piano Steps. “Take the stairs instead of escalators or elevator and feel better” is something you often hear or maybe read in Sunday attachments. Few if any people have followed this advice. Can we get more people to take the stairs over the escalator on a normal day in Stockholm, by making it more fun to take the stairs? The result you see here.
Anyway, this is an experiment they did. I think it's clever. What do you think?



I read about this here: Subway Stairs Turn Into Piano Fun
(too busy to deal with the code, the "read more" link is just an evil tease...skip it.)

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. The stairs are not only more tempting; they are good looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good and they sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.