Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Dance Over Here Too!

Happy dance time!!!

If you look over to the sidebar of my blog you'll see that I had the idea for a new blog due to the Stepha Henry case. But it wasn't me behind creating the blog.

I just said that if we were frustrated that missing person's cases didn't get out there, and this is particularly so if the missing person is a minority, then we should stop complaining and help to get the news out there. I was busy with my thesis at the time, but planned on doing something once my schedule lightened up. But MLH, my blogging partner on that site, took the initiative and started it and I came on about a week later.

So that's how Missing Minorities was born.

Anyway, we've been nominated for the Just Post Award. And, seriously, it's really nice just to have been recognized and nominated. So click over to Missing Minorities and then, from there, to Just Post. There are a few ladies doing some nice stuff.

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about this the other day; I caught America's Most Wanted and they actually had Stepha Henry's case on the show. Glad to see that there is a blog started to get the news out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vox!

    Yeah, I'm glad more people are talking about Stepha. Someone knows where she is. It really touches me when I see people are seeking out her story. I know because searches are still leading people to my blog post on her story.

    I'm just sick and tired of us complaining how the system or media doesn't do this or that. We know this. It's clear. So lets take up the damn slack and take some action. That's what Missing Minorities is about.

    If I had any part is stirring up a buzz and getting enough momentum that AMW featured it, that's exactly what I hope Missing Minorities can do by focusing on those whose faces don't get featured on the news.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that a blog is even needed to get these stories out, but I'm really glad someone had the idea to take the reins on that project. If you guys ever need any help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it does suck. So it was just about mitigating the suckiness of it all ;)

    Thanks and if we need help, I'll definitely let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.