Monday, August 25, 2008

The Democratic National Convention, Blogs and Musicians

I'm sure you can tell by the links on my sidebar who I support in this year's presidential election. And that means I'm crazy excited about the Democratic National Convention happening in Denver, Colorado.

When I had a chance to interview the guys from Death Cab for Cutie, I found out that Ben Gibbard and Chris Walla, one half of Death Cab, will be performing a couple of shows at the convention.

If you're in the area here is the info on a show on Wednesday, August 27th.

Ben & Chris to Perform at Rally to Fix Health Care Now!

Ben Gibbard and Chris Walla of Death Cab for Cutie will be giving a special acoustic performance at SEIU, HCAN, NEA and Progressive Allies Rally at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday, August 27th. The event will be emceed by Chuck D. Other guests: Jim Hightower, Tom Hagerman and Nick Urata of Devotchka.

When: Wednesday, August 27th at 3:00 pm

Where: Sunken Gardens Park, Corner of W 8th Avenue and Speer Boulevard, Denver, CO

If you're not in the area here is a link to Chris Walla's daily blogs from the convention. It looks like there isn't one centralized link but daily links, so I'll just update them as they pop up. There is a centralized link now: Death Cab at the DNC.

Day 1: Death Cab at the DNC: Chris Walla on “Badass” Patrick Leahy

Day 2: Death Cab at the DNC: Resisting the Urge to Punch Bill O’Reilly

Day 3: Death Cab at the DNC: Hillary’s Speech and the Real Trick She Pulled Today

Day 4: Death Cab at the DNC: John McCain Scares Chris Walla to Death

His blog got feisty on Day 4!

I knew I had a crush on this guy for a good reason Photobucket

Oh, update time. I found video from CNN.com where they're interviewing Chris Walla and Ben Gibbard at the convention. Check it out. (Although CNN has a video embed function, it keeps coming up as a malfunction. So until they fix it, a link will have to do.)

Chris Walla at the DNC:

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.