Saturday, August 2, 2008

Jason Mraz @ MelOn-AX in Seoul

Happy fans. Happy singer ;)

I just got in from seeing Jason Mraz in concert.

I was all gung-ho and ready to give you a concert review, BUT then I had a bowl of soup and a warm drink. I'm sick and I think it's walking pneumonia or some other nasty twist because it's definitely not a cold although initially that's what the symptoms felt like.

However, that didn't stop me from going. First, I love his new CD: We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. (The title cracks me up too). Second, I missed him a couple of years ago when he played at the Incheon Pentaport Festival because I was stuck working outside of Seoul for a couple of weeks. Plus, having a real case of influenza didn't stop me from going to Paris for a month awhile back, so a bad cough, sore throat, scratchy voice and runny nose wasn't going to stop me from going across town to see this guy play.

What did almost stop me from going was having the person who issued my ticket yesterday tell me to get there by 8pm. No, last night's performance was at 8:30pm. Tonight's performance was at 7pm. Thank goodness I was bored and decided to look up the venue. There is saw the info and since it was around 6:20 that left me very little time to get there. One incompetent taxi driver and one competent taxi driver later, I made it. I was a few minutes late but I made it for the bulk of the show.

However, now I'm tired and voiceless. So I'll put off my review until a later time.

Update 1 - August 23, 2008 @ 11:14am:

I never got the set list that I requested from those promoting this concert, so no review. However, I'll say it was a great show and leave it at that.


Quantcast

Jason's MySpace
Jason's webpage
Jason's YouTube page

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, he's great. I love his stuff 'cause he's a whiz at words.

    I'm glad he came back to Seoul and, this time, he played two dates. That's rare in Seoul as the visa requirements, even for artists, can be hard to negotiate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to see him at Pentaport, and he absolutely rocked! I just found out tonight that he'll be coming back to the ROK on Saturday, February 21 at Olympic Park. This is great because I missed his shows last year. I've been trying to find info about tickets but haven't had any luck. Will you be going to the show? If so, have you heard about tickets? Can you email me back when you have some time? Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, he is coming back for another show. Why did I think it was in January? (Don't fret; I'm sure it's me who messed up the date because I've only seen one flyer.) I might go. I'm not 100% sure at this point. That will be just a couple of weeks before I move back home to the States, so what my plans are outside of frantically prepping to get out? Not sure.

    Speaking of not sure, this time, I'm not sure who is promoting it, but usually Interpark is in the loop. Yep, go to http://ticket.interpark.com/ and they've got the info (all in Korean as usual.)

    Also, your profile isn't linked to an email address.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.