Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We Feel Fine

I don't talk about my feelings much. How I feel when it comes to this or that issue, yes, but my emotions, no, not really. That's true of this blog and it's, pretty much, true in real life.

However, I guess I've talked about it enough to be indexed by the search bots and found by We Feel Fine because they contacted me today via email.

Since August 2005, We Feel Fine has been harvesting human feelings from a large number of weblogs. Every few minutes, the system searches the world's newly posted blog entries for occurrences of the phrases "I feel" and "I am feeling". When it finds such a phrase, it records the full sentence, up to the period, and identifies the "feeling" expressed in that sentence (e.g. sad, happy, depressed, etc.). Because blogs are structured in largely standard ways, the age, gender, and geographical location of the author can often be extracted and saved along with the sentence, as can the local weather conditions at the time the sentence was written. All of this information is saved.
That actually made me feel good (and that won't be indexed because it's not written in a way that their system will pick it up.)

Click over and check it out. It's really interesting, not to mention pretty ;)

Searching for everything.

Searching for "happy".

Searching for "loved".

The screen that shows all the feelings.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.