Wednesday, September 12, 2007

White On White Crime at the MTV VMAs!!!

I know this is a couple of days behind the curve, but it's funny to me and I'm in my office with nothing to do but either write or study. Guess which one I've chosen?

I didn't even bother watching this year's MTV VMAs. Outside of Alicia Key's performance I heard that most of it was just shiteous.

The funniest story to me is Kid Rock and Tommy Lee getting into it.

On one forum I frequent quite a bit the issue that's on the menu is this: Had the two men getting into it been black there would have been much more said about this. There would be talk show sessions and all sorts of pundits coming out of the woodwork to opine. In all honesty, I would probably have been talking too.

However, with this one all I heard of it was that Kid Rock and Tommy Lee came to blows at some point during the show. But if that were 50 Cent and Kanye going at it, there would have been a much more serious delivery by the news media.

When I watched CNN International. They put Britney's crappy performance up and then segued to the fight story and they were pretty much laughing the whole time. "Oh those funny Pam Anderson ex-husbands and public fights."

So why is it when two black men have at it, oh, they're so violent but when two white men have at it, there has got to be some reason and it's actually more funny than not?

Well here is the page MTV put up showing the fight (big yawn).

What's funniest is what follows the lame smack down. The commentaries by P. Diddy and Jamie Foxx were spot on. They were joking, but those jokes come from something that we in the black American community see a lot (and I know it's not just limited to black Americans, but that's where I'll draw the generalization line.)

What we see is this: a fear of black anger or aggression. It really does feel like anytime a black person is upset it's due to our inherently violent natures. We're told to calm down. However, let two white guys go at it and well, there has to be a reason.

Guess what folks? Even with black on black crime and even with the crime rate in the black community, when black folks go there THERE IS A REASON. Not all reasons are valid and definitely not all reasons justify the action taken. However, I know when I loose my temper it's not because I'm unhinged and just go around loosing my temper. It's because something or someone has pushed me too far.

There are other bloggers out there who are much more prolific on this topic. Some are even funny: Attack of the GIANT NEGROES!!

Look at Attack of the GIANT NEGROES!! and the stories and headlines that the NYT published way back when. That's serious! Look at that. Read it with the same seriousness you read the NYT or whatever news source now and then tell me that this stuff isn't deeply ingrained into US society and politics.

It most certainly is and the reaction to this fight between these two stars reflects it too.

Sphere: Related Content

7 comments:

  1. ha is all I can say. This reminds me of the Dave Chapelle show when he reenacted a scene for Lil Jon , then when people left he started to speak the queen's english.

    It is funny how people tend to lean more towards "Oh my gosh they have a reason to be fighting"(I don't think plastic gunners up top is a reason but to each his own) yeah right.

    They need to come to texas where attack of the giant hmm can I say saltine hick cracker happens all the time in bars (especially after football games or fighting over a girl or fighting cause someone wiped the mud off of their truck after well mudding...lol

    If I remember history correctly maybe they don't want another Hannibal with elephants (i guess would be hummer tanks now...lol) to rise up ) or maybe Atlanta will become the hub of education, trade and etc like Ancient Egypt. (what I don't understand is that people don't believe Egyptians were black) sorry bunny trailed there

    I think this is a serious issue , we need to call a black caucous girl and talk about this...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man were they puttin on the Ritz..(it's a think real hard hehehehe ROTFLMAO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with your point. Very well put!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar007,

    Thanks ;)

    -----------------

    Jena6,

    Very, but neither Kid Rock nor Tommy Lee have ever pretended to be anything more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, a one-punch fight between two washed-up has-beens from the 90's is not going to get much media coverage, don't you think? If it had been Brad Pitt slugging Matt Damon, then it would have been a media circus, and they're not black.

    And you're right, if it had been 50 Cent slugging Kanye it would have been a media circus as well. But because, like the Pitt-Damon example above, they're current music/media heavyweight stars.

    In any story, there is some angle to slam whitey, if you reach far enough. Give it a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duncan,

    You make me laugh. If you read my blog you'll realize that when I slam whitey I don't "reach".

    Sure, if it were Timberlake and Mayer going at it, there would be more coverage (using two actors is kinda lame...dude, this was the video MUSIC awards - pick musicians.)

    But my point is this. Oh, Tommy Lee and Kid Rock were just two angry men fighting, but black men fighting are just violent and scary. Clearly, that point was lost on you. Maybe you also missed the white people "find" but black people "steal" photos that came out of Hurricane Katrina a couple of years back.

    Assuming that you're a citizen of the country you surfed to my blog from, keep your focus on Australia and don't tell me to "give it a rest" when I know damn well how deep race goes in my country.

    Better yet, why don't you go and create a "Give It A Rest" blog because last I checked I can write whatever I want and there you'd be able to address every whiney black person "reaching" to take it to whitey.

    You're free to disagree, but if you creep onto my blog with a tone of disrespect, don't expect a fond welcome.

    Take care and fuck off.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.