Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm a Geek: the Phoenix lander is on Mars!!!

Phoenix on the Red Planet, Artist's Concept from the NASA images website.

As I wrote way back when, I'm a NASA/space geek.

After spending the night out with very little sleep (a good friend left Korea today and is heading back to the States), I got home and checked my email. The first thing I saw was a CNN update that the Phoenix lander has sent a signal that it has landed on Mars and that images were soon to follow!

Geeks rejoice!

I'm exhausted. I'm going to get a quick nap before I have to run errands and get to appointments this Monday, but I had to get to the NASA website.
The Phoenix Mars Lander, which launched in August 2007, is the first project in NASA's Mars Scout missions. The mission's plan is to land in icy soils near the north polar permanent ice cap of Mars and explore the history of the water in these soils and any associated rocks, while monitoring polar climate.
Here is the link Phoenix mission link, the Phoenix mission blog and NASA TV.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.