Thursday, December 7, 2006

Congratulations y'all!!!

Oh boy! I'm up late working on project and they announced the nominees for the 49th Annual Grammy Awards about an hour ago.

I'm so excited because some of my favorite artists got Grammy nods!

    1. Mary J. Blige got eight.
    2. The Red Hot Chili Peppers got six.
    3. John Mayer got five (three for his new solo album Continuum, one for "Try" with the John Mayer Trio and one for Route 66 from the "Cars" Soundtrack.)
    4. Corrine Bailey Rae got three
    5. John Legend got three (I think...it's almost 3am here.)
      Congratulations, bitches!Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

      Mary J. Blige leads Grammy nominees
      LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - R&B singer Mary J. Blige led the contenders for the Grammy Awards, picking up eight nominations, organizers said on Thursday.

      Los Angeles rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers landed six nominations, while English singer/songwriter James Blunt, country trio the Dixie Chicks, pop singer John Mayer, funk veteran Prince, producer Rick Rubin, Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am and classical composer John Williams earned five each.

      The 49th annual Grammy Awards, considered the music industry's most prestigious, will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 11.
      Okay, either it's bedtime or I need to get back to work.

      More links:

      NYTimes: Blige Leads Grammy Nominations With 8
      The Envelope by the LATimes: Grammy nominations unveiled
      BBC News: Mary J Blige leads Grammys list
      John Mayer's Blog: Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm Partying

      -----------------------

      Oh, update. I got info from Eric at the MOG website.

      They have a contest to go see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Sydney. The show will be sometime in mid-April 2007.

      Check it out. It seems really cool.

      Sphere: Related Content

      2 comments:

      1. Wow, I didn't even realise that had happened, where have I been? :)

        ReplyDelete
      2. Thanks for you comment, michelle.

        Hmmmmm. I'm not sure as the Recording Academy definitely makes sure there is a press release ;-)

        However, helpful blogs like mine spread the word.

        Interesting actually that you're American but use British spelling. Granted, I'm not married to one though.

        ReplyDelete

      Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.