Saturday, August 11, 2007

Death Proof: A Fun Ride and One Bad Ass Movie

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof is one of the most entertaining films I've seen in awhile. In Korea it's not paired with Grindhouse but is being released on its own, so they've added more scenes. That means the version in Korea does start off a bit slow, but it picks up and is just crazy entertaining once it picks up.

I saw it tonight at a free screening here in Seoul (thanks Mike aka The Metropolitician).

I'll leave the reviews to the pros, but I'll just say "wow" what a great ending.

A bit of warning. You've got to be a movie fan, I think, to like the dialogue. I've read a few reviews which are critical of it. I think, however, if you can follow Tarantino's brand of wit, you'll like it most of the film. If you can't, you'll probably only get a rise out of the action scenes.

Yes, it's got violence. Yes, there is blood. It's a Tarantino movie! I'm squeamish with movie blood and gore, but I dug this. Then again, I loved the Kill Bill movies too. If I say anything further, I'll have to flag this for spoilers.

Oh, the Death House soundtrack is pretty tight too.

Now I'm going to dust off my Reservoir Dogs DVD and have a late night movie festival.
------------------------------------
Speaking of spoilers - if you don't want any, don't bother clicking on these links. However, I don't think it really matters.

Cannes Festival: Death Proof
Cinematical: Cannes Review - Death Proof
Movie Patron: Death Proof
The Guardian Unlimited: Death Proof is silly but wildly enjoyable

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.