Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Clarence Thomas on 60 Minutes

Hmmmm. I just have to pour myself a big cup of "wow". I heard about the 60 Minutes interview that Clarence Thomas had on the Rachel's Tavern blog: Clarence Thomas is Making the Rounds. I knew he'd released a book. I could glean from the news headlines that he hadn't taken any prisoners with it either. However, I was intentionally avoiding getting more of the story. But the buzz on what he's saying has got some hardcore intensity and I was sucked in.

I just watched the interview Clarence Thomas did on 60 Minutes. I don't agree with her assessment on his interview, and I left a comment to that effect ;-)

I found myself understanding him, his point of view and the frustration he expressed more than I thought I would.

I know there are going to be some out there that he'll never be able to please. Honestly, I don't agree with his judicial opinions and the political side of the fence that he falls on most of the time.

However, after hearing him speak about his background and how his experiences shaped his views, I get it. I don't have to agree with it to get it.

So, from that perspective, I'm with Peter Lattman at the WSJ Law Blog who recommends that you take the time to watch this interview.

The interview is in two parts. Here are the links:
Clarence Thomas Interview - Part 1
Clarence Thomas Interview - Part 2

Now I'm going to Amazon.com to put his book on my wishlist.

Sphere: Related Content