Sunday, December 23, 2007

Repost: Epicourageous in Seoul - Matt Gross on the Travel Channel

I'm a few days behind the curve here, but I never claimed to always be timely. Plus, in my defense, I'm just recovering from semester fatigue so have sympathy ;)

Anyway, Matt Gross, the Frugal Traveler on the New York Times, was on the Travel Channel's "25 Mind Blowing Escapes." I heard about it and then found out I could see part of it on Daniel Grey's Epicourageous in Seoul blog. Since I know both of them, I figure they don't mind me talking about it too.

Thursday has come and gone, but a plug is a plug and cable shows ALWAYS get shown again, so keep an eye out for it. The link below goes to a video snippet of the show where Matt talks about the Penninsula Hotel in Hong Kong.

Here is a repost from the Daniel's blog:

Matt Gross on the Travel Channel

http://tcpilotweek.com/trailerpage_25escapes.html

Matt Gross will be on the show 25 Mind Blowing Escapes.

Oh, how I wish I had cable in America.

Here's the message from Matt and let's all demand that Matt Gross get his own show!

From Matt Gross:

Subject: If you own a television:

"...you may want to turn it to the Travel Channel this Thursday at 8pm. That’s when I’m slated to appear as a ranting, raving, eye-rolling talking head on “25 Mind Blowing Escapes.” (Yes, it’s missing a hyphen, but I’m not proofreading anymore.)

This could very well be my breakthrough moment on TV—or my very first moment of nationwide humiliation. Or maybe both. Either way, it should be entertaining. Watch it if you dare!

(And if you like, take the survey at http://tcpilotweek.com/surveypage_25escapes.html and demand the Travel Channel give me my own show.)

Cheers,
--
Matt Gross

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.