Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sleepy Commuters

As I posted before, I'm currently moonlighting on a temporary job until the end of January.

What's both amusing and reassuring about living here is that when I commute I frequently see virtually the whole subway car snoozing away en route to work in the mornings.

This would NEVER happen back home in the major metro areas, but here it's common. In fact, the evening Benazir Bhutto was assassinated I stayed up very late and the next day I was exhausted. At the end of the day I was out cold during a big part of my commute home. I'll be in NYC this winter and I don't care how tired I am, I WON'T be taking a snooze on the subway.

I decided to snap some pictures of it this morning on my way to work.




And, yes, in the mornings it's usually pretty quiet in the cars too.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. I use bus in the morning to go to work and it is same. Everybody seeping, so I start to do same :o) Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is I end up over sleeping at my apartment and now I'm usually spending my hard-earned money taking a taxi rather than being on mass transit.

    Since a new semester has begun maybe this will remind me that I can sleep on the train ;)

    Sleep well...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.