Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Construction noise? Here, have some laundry detergent!

Update: March 7, 2008 @ 2:08pm

Now that's fast.

Last night I got home and the building across the road is completely leveled. That's not bad for around two days of work.



The lot will probably be completely clear by the time I get home tonight.

_______________________________

The folks across from my apartment are basically doing what a lot of building owners are doing. They're ripping down the old brick structure and rebuilding it. I noticed this trend a few months ago when fliers were being left on all the little villas in my neighborhood. Now in Korea a villa isn't a plush estate like the ones you'll find the south of France. Instead they're two story apartments usually with a basement unit too.

Here is a shot of the old and new side-by-side:

As I said, this is happening all over my neighborhood. So I wasn't surprised to see a bit of activity across the narrow lane that separates us. Since I'm back at work, I'm usually gone before the real noise starts.

Imagine my surprise last night as I was watching Superbad when my doorbell rang and my landlord presented me with this:

I was confused at first. Why would I be getting a huge tub of laundry detergent? Are my whites not as bright as usual?

No, it ends up that the tub of detergent was a present from the owners across the way who know the construction noise is going to be hellish. I thought it was cute.

At least the neighbors ante up and give you something here in Korea. I didn't get crap all when something similar happened when I lived in San Francisco. However, maybe I won't think it's cute on Mondays which are my days off because I usually spend the mornings on my days off at home.

This is what I saw this morning as I was leaving for work:

Yikes...they plan on making a lot of noise for the next few days. At least, my clothes are guaranteed to be fresh and clean ;)
_________________________________________

BTW, Superbad is bad ass. See it.


I am McLovin. (hahahahahahaha...)



Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.