Friday, October 31, 2008

Big Weird Tuna Rice Ball

This week the store in my building at work got something new in the snack corner. It was labeled 참치주먹밥, (cham-chi ju-mok-bap) so I knew it had tuna (cham-chi) and rice (bap) but what the hell was 주먹? It was wrapped in foil, but I took a chance and got it.

Basically, it was a ball of rice covered in nuts and grains with a layer of tuna inside. Just for a sense of perspective regarding its size, it fit in the palm of my hand. It might look kind of weird, but it was quite good. I've actually experimented with tuna and rice concoctions in my kitchen and it tasted about the same.

BTW, I looked the term up and 주먹 means fist. So "tuna fist rice", I guess literally. K-blogger foodies...weigh in on whether I just botched that completely or not. Thanks.

It's random but I'm sharing 'cause it was the first time I'd seen it in a convenience type store.


Okay, now it's time for dinner ;)

Sphere: Related Content