Friday, October 10, 2008

Blog Action Day : October 15th

Blog Action Day is on October 15th this year.

Last year the topic was the environment and my take on it was Koreans needed to be more proactive when it came to environmental issues. I got on that because the topic of Korea's economic development came up constantly in class when I was getting my masters here. And I'd hear the "we're a developing country" excuse a lot, but I'd also see no recycling bins for plastics and pretty much no awareness of wasteful behavior: Koreans Can't Afford to Think Poor. Basically, the point was if every developing country gets to lean on that as an excuse, the world is going to get worse before it gets better and is that really a legacy we want to leave?

This year the topic is poverty. I'm in again this year. Unlike last year, I already know my angle because I'm already involved in it.

If you've got a blog, I just want to ask you one question. Are you in?


Blog Action Day 2008 Poverty from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.