Friday, October 31, 2008

WTF? 6 Days in Customs?!!!

Update: November 2, 2008 @ 8:07pm

As I thought, it did get delivered. It just got delivered 5 days behind schedule after languishing in customs. My vote is in...yeah!

But I still don't like that it took so long to get through something that should take maybe a day.

Uh oh.

I mailed my absentee ballot back to the States on October 23rd via EMS. The form said it would be delivered by the 27th, and I mailed it EMS so I could track its arrival. What's cool is I get text messages that update me on the status when something changes. I got a text days ago saying it was in the system and on its way. I expected to get something at the start of the week but I gotten nothin', nada, zlich.

I just checked it online and nearly fell over. Check it out.

  • Foreign Acceptance, October 23, 2008, 3:43 pm, KOREA
  • Foreign International Dispatch, October 24, 2008, 1:27 am, SEOUL INTERNATIONAL POST OFFICE, KOREA
  • Inbound International Arrival, October 24, 2008, 10:37 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
  • Inbound Into Customs
  • Inbound Out of Customs, October 30, 2008, 2:26 pm
I'm wondering how many other ballots are languishing in customs for six days?!!! Is customs just swarmed with ballots from abroad? And, couldn't they have predicted this?

I mailed it early enough that it still will get there on time, but wow...that's scary.

Anyone else tracking their ballots? This worries me.

Sphere: Related Content