Sunday, November 16, 2008

Podcast Picks of the Week - 11/16/2008


I've got to start taking notes on the podcasts that really get me going. I can only remember a few. But maybe that's it. If I can't remember it, then I ought not post it. Okay, that dilemma is solved.

Here they are for last week.

Bill Moyer's Journal: Bill Moyers essay on the loss of Studs Terkel and John Leonard. - I think I'll go out and get one of Terkel's books.

The Onion News Network gets stupid again ;): With the economy sliding deeper into a recession, panelists discuss whether it's time to stop throwing our money into a massive pit out in the desert. - Just plain funny.

Salon.com - Glenn Greenwald talks to Anthony Romero from the ACLU: What are the priorities for the restoration of civil liberties under an Obama administration, and how can they most effectively be achieved? - long and detailed and, thus, maybe best suited for those a bit more serious. But it was good to listen to during a commute home where there was more traffic than usual.

The Fashion Update: This weeks Fashion Update is all about Vintage! Kylie Norman catches up with Celebrity Stylist Bay Gurnett and pops along to Vintage Heart for a bit of shopping advice! - It's much cooler if you're in London and can get to some of the stores they talked about.

Sphere: Related Content