Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cheerful Koreans Running Wild in the Streets!!!

I was walking from church on this rainy Easter morning when I was stopped by a big group of really happy and friendly Koreans. I wasn't quite sure what was happening, but then someone handed me this.

Yes, someone stopped me on the street and, with a big smile, handed me an Easter egg and wished me a happy Easter. They asked me a few questions and I told them I was just coming from Easter service at the local Anglican church. It turns out the group was a group of young people and some church elders from the local Presbyterian Church. They'd split up into small groups and are wandering around this morning passing out Easter eggs as I type. Back home a big group comes my way and I brace myself to bust out into a sprint. I thought it was another example of how Korea, particularly the city of Seoul, can be a really fun and random place to live.

Here is a shot of one of the groups I saw roaming around the Gwanghwamun area this morning.

Happy Easter ;)

Another random act of kindness from a few months back.

Sphere: Related Content