Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Funny "Snakes On A Plane" Review

I was clicking around exploring other blogs and found this review of Snakes on a Plane on the Internal Collapse blog. This blogger is from Canberra, Australia. For those of you who are geographically challenged, Canberra is the capital of Australia.

It's a good way for me not to write much today. I'm having way too much fun listening to Continuum over and over. Plus, I just dropped cash on seven new DVDs today, so I'd better watch them now before school starts because once it does I'll be incommunicado for weeks.

Anyway, again it's a funny review, but it also tells you why Snakes on a Plane is a good film even if it's "trashy".

Enjoy.

Remember, if you can, the fine series of Red Dwarf. In one episode Lister and Rimmer have a drunken conversation about the fried egg, chilli chutney sandwich that Lister has created (they are fucking awesome!).

Rimmer's point about the sandwich was that it was all wrong. Every ingredient was obviously wrong but together they made something amazing. This is a fine description of Snakes on a Plane.

Plot? Wrong. Characters? Wrong. Soundtrack, direction and camerawork? All wrong. And yet, together they make something so horribly right it is reasonable to assume that the film itself must be bad for you.

For those not in the know, SoaP is the story of a man who sees a gangland hit and is ferried by the FBI (there were two agents, but one is Samuel l. (Motherfucking) Jackson, so the other one doesn't really matter) to a plane heading to L.A. where he can testify.

Unfortunately for them (and all the other passengers), the bad guys have decided that this man needs to die, so they fill the plane with hundreds of poisonous snakes which are angry and ready to kill EVERYBODY.

You must switch off in this film. Any thinking and you're going to hate it because you'll notice just how bad it is. But if you go in expecting a trashy, enjoyable film, then you're in for one hell of a film.

Normally, I discuss the good and bad points of a film, but for this I will only give notes.

Points- Samuel l. Motherfucking Jackson!

- PRODUCT PLACEMENT! Drink the fucking Red Bull!

- The CG snakes are so tacky they defy description.

- The plot is so thin it could be used as a dress for Britney Spears.

I would have other points, but they would spoil the magic.

Go see Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane. Do as I say, and you live.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.