Thursday, August 10, 2006

Korean Kids Are Crazy!!!

Okay, actually, they're no more crazy than any other kids I've worked with. I was a substitute teacher during law school.

However, they're tons of fun in terms of teaching. I think it's more so for me because I teach university students. When I work with kids it can be tiring and I frequently get injured (this year a scratched cornea and last year a tumble while teaching a rollerblading class). It's a welcome break from having to deal with young adults most of the time.

That leads me to my current video pick Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. It's another song that I was first exposed to while listening to Yahoo! Music. Cee-Lo Green’s voice reminds me of old school soul that my mother listened to which makes total sense as he was a member of the Goodie Mob which is a hip-hop group from Atlanta, Georgia, and Georgia where my family is from.The lyrics to the song are great. They’re a ton of fun to switch around and sing to the kids when they do something silly. All you need to do is turn on a falsetto, sing "crrrrrrrrrazy" and they'll fall out laughing. I even have some running up to me now and singing it without a prompt...

I don't think the song has made it to Korea yet, but when it does, they'll be the coolest kids around because they'll already know it.

So here it is...enjoy.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.