Sunday, July 2, 2006

Music videos on my Blog? This Stuff is Fun!

Now this this cool! I found a site where you can upload videos to your blog. Be careful though, the HTML code is kind of buggy. You'll have to fine tune the code a bit. My first attempt at this completely screwed up my blog's template. But, oh hot digity dog, I figured it out...!

Now I know it can be incredibly annoying when you go to some cheesy website that has unicorns, angels and crap music. However, I promise to try to avoid the unicorns and angels. However, it will be up to you to determine if the music in the video is crap or not. The good thing is unlike those annoying sites that have that crap music looping over and over, you can turn this off. It's Windows Media, so just hit the button with the little square if you don't want to hear it.

They'll just be songs that I like whether they're new or something older.

-----

Yes, I know I can just update posts, but this is more of a progression worthy of keeping the original post. I found a better video site which lets you choose whether you want the video to start or not. I think that's a good thing for readers of this blog. If they want to see it, they turn it on. If they want to just read, then they do that. I'm all about choice. Plus, I know that what I like you might loathe, and, yes, that means that you have bad taste in music! Also, that means I don't have to update just this one post. Instead I can add new video posts as the mood strikes. Nice...very, very nice.

So back up is Amerie's 1 Thing from the movie Hitch which really sucked, but the song is quite good.



There seems to be an issue depending on which browser you use. If you use Internet Explorer, you can choose to start the video. If you use Netscape, it just starts for you. I use Netscape, so that's a bit annoying.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. FYI...it automatically starts in Mozilla Firefox.

    Nice blog so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment!

    As for the video, that sucks that in both Firefox and Netscape the code that lets you turn it on doesn't work. Hopefully, I can find something that will work in those browsers. For now, I hope it doesn't annoy Firefox and Netscape users too much.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.