Saturday, July 22, 2006

Reports of big fortune a "huge lie" star says

"Mexican big-screen siren Salma Hayek Friday dismissed as nonsense reports that she has a $100 million fortune, and said if she did she would retire and use the money to help the poor."

--------------------------------

I thought this was an interesting story simply because I'm from L.A. where there are a lot of people with a lot of money. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them because I'd be putting that money and the power that comes with it to some good use.

I've always liked Hayek because in addition to being gorgeous, she's a stunning beauty that is humble about it. Because of that, she strikes you as someone you'd actually like if you met her. Even her post-Punkd banter with Ashton Kutcher and Penelope Cruz on MTV's Punkd was really funny, and indicative of someone who seems to be someone decent and not too taken with herself.

Considering what Hayek said she'd do if she did have a $100 million fortune, it sounds like she deserves much more than some selfish ones who do have it. What she said was wonderful.

If I had $100 million I would have retired and would be doing more things on an altruistic level than I can now. I would have opened centers in Mexico for violence against women and many other things.
Too bad that most who do have it spend their time, it seems, doing much more for themselves than for others.

read more digg story

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.