Thursday, July 6, 2006

Rideo, ergo sum

me too!!!

I wanted to blog this because I like the number 1 thing on her list of things to put a stop to.

1) I will stop accepting friend requests on Yahoo, Orkut, etc. from unknown people. I know, I know, I have made a lot of good friends on communities like these, but it is too much of a strain on the resources to have to weed through all the creeps to get to the "few good (wo)men". So, I am going to give up all the potential good friends I may have made on all these communities and messengers by refusing to friend anyone whom I don't already know, either personally or through debates on some forum or through reading/commenting of blogs.

This resonated with me because I don't know how many times I've been minding my own business online but then I get messages from whoever from wherever wanting me to be friends.

I think she sums it up nicely. Look, it's nothing personal, but considering all the morons you have to sift through online, it's best to "just say no."

Plus, I love the image of chocolates on her template.

I want to try to make a habit of sharing other blogs that entertain me because I find I tend to just bookmark them, yet not share. Hmmmmmm...does that mean I'm selfish? Probably...

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the compliments! About the friend requests, you will not believe how much easier it is to click the ignore button now that I have blogged about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I was so happy to read it because now I have a nice compact way to explain why I tend not to bother with friend requests anymore. I've had Internet access since law school and I was in school during the dot.com boom, so I experienced a lot. I have met some great, great folks via the Internet. Like you, if I know you through an online community or something similar, great, I'll consider a new Internet friend...otherwise, um, "no".

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my first blog, and I'm glad folks are still stopping by even though I'm no longer living in South Korea. Feel free to comment. If you want a personal answer, leave your email, and I won't publish the comment. Nasty comments and spam links will not be tolerated.